Benefits Sales Consultant
The Centennial seeks to hire an ambitious Benefits Sales Consultant who is committed to produce new business revenue while ensuring overall client satisfaction by proactively managing and anticipating the needs of clients and prospects by providing support, research and troubleshooting. Key responsibilities will include adding 3 - 5 new clients per month as well as designing, implementing, communicating and servicing employee benefits programs for new and existing clients. New clients are obtained through referrals, centers of influence, established strategic partners and direct marketing campaigns. Benefits Sales Consultants assist clients with their health (including HSAs), dental, life, disability, vision, 401(k), FSA, and COBRA programs. Day to day activities include conducting initial sales meetings (2 - 4 meetings per day), presenting market analysis to client prospects, driving and managing the client decision making process, conducting enrollment meetings, partnering with the account management team during the implementation process and in providing ongoing service to The Centennial clients.
- 3 – 5 years of successful sales experience in outside sales, business to business sales or business development.
- An individual of high integrity with good judgment skills & who is committed to doing what is right for their clients.
- Ability to communicate and interface effectively with CEOs, CFOs, Executive Staff and Human Resources Professionals.
- The drive to succeed and possess a professional track record of high achievement in sales.
- Highly effective oral and written communication skills, including presentation, persuasion, tact, negotiation and closing skills. Demonstrates ability to build strong working relationships.
- Must be resourceful, responsive, team focused and dedicated to providing exceptional customer service.
- Strong organization skills with the ability to multi-task in a deadline driven environment.
- Broad understanding of employee benefits including plan design, renewal process, and strong customer service experience is preferred. Success with selling payroll or HR systems (ADP, Paychex, Ceridian, HRIS) or selling insurance & financial services (P&C, Northwestern Mutual, NY Life) is a plus. Industry-specific training will be provided.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
The Centennial CULTURE – Our most important asset
- Passion for service
- Growth oriented
- Caring for others
- Focused on relationship building
Compensation & Benefits
The Centennial provides competitive compensation including base salary, objective based bonus program and benefits package including medical insurance, dental insurance, disability, life insurance, 401(k) matching and profit sharing programs
The Centennial is a full-service employee benefits brokerage and consulting firm specializing in the design, implementation, communication, and management of benefits programs. Our mission is to create value for employers by providing services that represent their benefits philosophies and financial objectives. We achieve this by building relationships based on long-term loyalty and trust, which has helped us to maintain a 98+% client retention rate. The Centennial enjoys being among the top 1% of brokers for carriers including Blue Cross, Kaiser Permanente, Blue Shield and Health Net.
For immediate consideration please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the title Benefits Sales Consultant in the subject line.
The Centennial is an equal opportunity employer.