BlogsTop HR Blogs to Read Every Morning
September 13, 2016, by Ryan Miller
You’ve likely got your morning routine down: coffee, news, personal emails, family ready, etc… Yet, we think you’ll want to add these blogs to your morning schedule. We know there is a never ending supply of blogs, news, and websites to choose from, so we thought it prudent (and helpful) to give you a small, carefully curated list. Considering a recent report by ZenithOptimedia determined that we spend about 490 minutes per day consuming media we think you should choose your media wisely so you can focus on face to face communications.
- TalentCulture – A collaborative community focused on the work culture of today. The site aims to give professionals expert advice, networking opportunities, support, and much more. “TalentCulture is recognized as a living metaphor for the social workplace today.” Be sure to participate in their #worktrends discussions on Twitter!
- HRZone – This is one of the most comprehensive HR resources on the web. Hundreds of articles, resources, chats, and events are available from this community. The HRZone writers are knowledgeable and partner with experts where necessary. Senior managers remain active and engaged daily through this site run by SiftMedia.
- Women in HR – A whole site devoted to the development of women in HR; founded by women for women. Four senior HR professionals decided to create a community where women could discuss the challenges and successes of being a women in HR and gain access to valuable resources and support communities. They have a committed team of writers covering a wide varieties of topics, but always accept guest posts.
- SnackNation Blog – It is far from a traditional HR blog (SnackNation is a healthy snack delivery service) and that is precisely why we’ve included it in this list. Focusing on employee engagement, workplace wellness, and improving company culture in creative and effective ways makes this a great resource for HR professionals across the board.
- The HR Capitalist – HR Capitalist takes strategy and makes it relevant and implementable. With daily posts, a book recommendation section, and plenty of contributors you will never lack for good subject matter.
Enjoy and we hope you find some great new ideas and materials from our picks. We’d also love to hear more about your favorite HR blogs in case we missed any on our short list.